My new book "Build Intelligent Systems with JavaScript"

Originally published April 12, 2014

I have been working on this book since last summer. You can get more information here.

In some sense I wrote this book for my own requirements. I the last 20+ years I have written information processing systems in Common Lisp, Java, Clojure, and Ruby. Last year I became interested in JavaScript largely because of web frameworks like Express.js and Meteor.js. I then started hacking on some of the same types of problems that I used to use Lisp languages for, and enjoyed using JavaScript.

I started writing small snippets of code in JavaScript for accessing data stores, doing simple NLP, and general information processing. While I was motivated by my own projects I also thought that other people might find the material useful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller