Happy New Year

Originally published January 3, 2014

I wanted to wish everyone a happy new year!

Carol and I are now (fairly) permanently back living in our home in Sedona Arizona except for three planned trips to visit family. Working at Google in Mountain View last fall for four months was a fun and very interesting experience but it is good to be back home. Even nice hotels get tiring after a while.

I usually make new years resolutions, but this year there is not much to change. I would like to get back to a (mostly) vegetarian diet. We have also been drastically reducing the amount of gluten (and wheat in general) from our diets. I also intend to get back to hiking 10 to 15 hours a week like I used to.

When it comes to work and continual learning, I don't really have any specific new years resolutions. I am getting back into Clojure and ClojureScript (and looking at the Reactive libraries). I am also still interested in how the Java 8 rollout will go. Except for working on code examples for a book project I am not doing too much work in JavaScript right now. I also think that I will continue my trend of more often using Clojure instead of Ruby for general programming.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives