Haskell experiments - NLP and Yesod web apps

Originally published May 30, 2014

I am still struggling a bit learning Haskell - so far this has been a multi-year process :-)

I converted some NLP code for tagging/categorization from Clojure to Haskell. I was surprised that this code ended up being only 62 lines, including white space. That said, there is still more code to port but I think the final library will be something like 100 lines of code. I like concise programming languages!

I also wrote a very simple Yesod based web app that uses the Haskell tagging/categorization module (41 lines of code). You can try it here if you want.

I still find coding in Haskell to be slow and painful, but I do have periods when I feel very productive so I hope to sometime in the future get as efficient as I am in Clojure or Ruby. Wish me luck :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller