Really bad decision over NASA's funding

I think that it was the current science-ignoring administration and Congress that made the really bad call to reduce funding for unmanned robotic space exploration because of an emphasis on entertainment over science. Let's be clear on one thing: we get far more scientific value per dollar by sending huge numbers of tiny devices throughout our solar system (and beyond) than putting humans just outside the earths gravitational well.

I believe that funding for unmanned missions historically have cost just a few percent of what manned missions cost.

If it were my call, I would fund both manned and unmanned exploration, but definitely not cut funding for the high value relatively low cost unmanned missions. Absolute stupidity.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives