Classic computer science text and papers on the web

I have seen the old Frank Sinatra movie that my wife is watching so I decided to read tonight. I still appreciate my rather large personal library because physical books, journals, and reprints are more fun to read than balancing a laptop. That said, I thought that it would be interesting to share some of my favorite links to classic computer science texts and papers:This is just a sampling taken from my bookmarks. The ACM has a program to make classic texts available. Other must-study 'classics' like "Introduction to Algorithms" (Cormen, et. al.) are still too new (first edition 1991) to be freely available.

I find it interesting to re-read material that I used many years ago - you get a different take on papers and texts after years of experience, making them interesting in new ways.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives