Oracle buying InnoDB owner

I have always preferred PostgreSQL over MySQL - but, I usually end up using MySQL because it is installed and configured on servers and virtual servers that I rent on a monthly basis for my customers' and my web portals.

MySQL Corporation's contract with InnoDB's owners is up next year, but Oracle plans to renew some agreement - it will be interesting to see how the use of MySQL in non-commercial licensed environments holds up.

I am thinking, but have not made a firm decision, of switching over to PostgreSQL for all deployments. This will add to the (now small) overhead for renting a server and deploying a web application. I might also start to favor hosting companies who provide pre-installed PostgreSQL.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives