Love PayPal - perfect tool for consultants and 'small time' software venders

Every so often I see people on Slashdot bashing PayPal but in my opinion they are simply not using the service correctly. To receive payments I recommend getting a separate savings account at your bank and only use this account for PayPal. Also, I tend to not let more than a few hundred dollars sit in PayPal before I take a minute and have the funds transferred to my savings account.

PayPal is also great for contributing a few dollars at both people and organizations that you might want to encourage to keep working on projects that you find worthwhile. (I thought about this today when the Wikipedia servers were running slowly - it felt good to take one minute and send them a little money. Why not pay for my use of their servers?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives