Yahoo and iTunes online music stores

For $60 a year I am tempted to try Yahoo's new beta music service. A lot of people bitch and moan about DRM, but that is the only way we will get a wide variety of online music in the near future. For about 20 cents a day, I can listen to any music I want while I work, and for 79 cents, I can buy a song that I can legally copy to an audio CD. Seems reasonable enough to me. I can still listen to purchased music when booting to Linux via the audio CDs.

I have enjoyed the iTunes music store a lot the last couple years - good value for my money. It seems reasonable, especially since I have a new Windows PC, to also give Yahoo's music store a try.

It is all about giving the customer value: Apple's music store has done this, and I believe that Yahoo's music store will also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller