Microsoft's Visual J# 2005 edition

Years ago, I wrote a fun little book "Java Programming for Windows" that covered all things Windows, using Microsoft's free Java development kit. Just as the book was in final production and being printed, Sun and Microsoft started suing each other. I was OK (I got a nice advance), but my publisher took a hit on poor sales, which was a bummer.

So, what do I now see on Slashdot? Microsoft advertisements for free betas (seem to last for 1 year) for "Express" products (aimed specifically at C#, J#, Web dev, C++, VB, etc.)

Actually, since I do sometimes have to do Windows specific development, J# looks interesting - however, I am wondering if C# is a safer choice for the (very) occasional Windows specific projects.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller