Very cool: Loom Knowledge Representation System is open sourced

LOOM has a new license.

ISI has spent years developing LOOM (written in Common LISP) and the newer PowerLoom (runtime available in Java, Lisp, C++) as knowledge representation tools. Good stuff!

For non-commercial (research) applications, the Java runtime of PowerLoom is probably the way to go. However, PowerLoom is (I think) very expensive for commercial applications.

I use LispWorks, and I have been using LOOM for research, so it is good to know that if I need to, it can be freely used (read the license) for any type of application.

Cool!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives