U.S. cronyism in Iraq

The British charity organization Christian Aid issued a scathing report on corruption and cronyism in Iraq. As Americans, I think that it is time for us to collectively admit that we have screwed up. (Hey, I screwed up and voted for Bush in the last election.)

While I am ranting about the corrupt and ineffectual reconstruction efforts of the Bush administration in Iraq, I would also like to point you to an excellent Paul Krugman editorial in the New York Times.

A lot of Americans have a difficult time criticizing our country, and that is understandable. I would argue however that the best chance we have for keeping our country a great place is to objectively analyze past mistakes and try to correct them.

The Bush administration has been running for re-election since the day Bush took office. My question to you is: do you really want Karl Rove running our country for another 4 years?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives