Useful tool for searching millions of RSS feeds; some of my own projects

I have been using Rojo.com recently (both because they are a customer of mine and their service is very useful). I also use Technorati to specifically search blogs, but Rojo has a few results optimizations that makes their service a bit more useful to me.

I have been working on a customized information portal KBSportal.com for about a year. I took down the Java version a few months ago when I started on a newer version written in Ruby and Rails. I was hoping to have it back on line by now, but working on my new Ruby book and consulting for a few customers takes priority.

I created a 'knowledge based' recipes/cooking portal CJsKitchen.com last year and I also want to work on this technology more this year. I originally started to use the USDA nutrition database, then stopped when I realized how inaccurate estimating the nutritional content of recipes is given variations in cooking and quality of ingredients. Anyway, I want to take another shot at providing nutritional information along with displayed recipes. One cool thing about CJsKitchen.com is that you can keep a personal database on the web site of the ingredients you have on hand - and optionally only see recipes that you have the ingredients to make. I also have a first cut at an AI recipe agent to help you use up ingredients that you have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives