Using cloud services when services like Delicio.us and Wave get cancelled

You can still access my public delicio.us bookmarks if you want them. I will miss the service, as I miss Google Wave.

I tried several cloud based to-do and getting things done style web sites but ended up writing my own my-foc.us web app but left the door open to other people by releasing the app as open source. I used ran the online kbsdocs.com word processor for a few years but made sure to provide data export options.

People and companies who provide free services have no real obligation to continue the services forever but they have a responsibility to give users a good exit strategy. I exported my delicio.us bookmarks and I suggest you do the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives