my new project: http://my-foc.us

We all have things that we are proud of professionally. For me this is largely being proud of process and some achievements. My process is one of focussing down on a (very) few things and getting them done efficiently and then spending time "playing" with new technologies and working on new ideas. These are two very different kinds of work and I approach them differently.

I have read a lot of material on "getting stuff done" and I have used other people's productivity software. For to-do lists I like the simplicity of just using GMail's "Tasks" features. All other projects that I have tried have many features that I don't need or care about and miss some things that I need. Since I focus on just one or two things per (work) day, I want a system that helps me to manage just a few things. This will definitely be a "scratch my own itch" style project.

It will take at least a month until I get a public beta ready, but I do have a placeholder web app set up: my-foc.us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller