Saving time with Ruby and ActiveRecord

I am working on a project that has many disparate data sources, and before I can do the interesting AI part everything needs to be normalized into our object models. Usually, this would be a mountain of work, but I am finding that using Ruby scripts with the ActiveRecord library is saving lots of time. I am basically taking advantage of both the dynamic nature of Ruby and the dynamic ORM functionality of ActiveRecord to cut the amount of required code (compared to say Java) by a large amount.

Ruby on Rails has a deserved reputation for saving time on web application development, but you should really consider ActiveRecord a separate part of Rails that can be used standalone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller