30 minute lesson on the Middle East

I saw this video linked from Reddit this morning

It is a 30 minute 'mosaic' of news broadcasts from Palestine, Israel, Iraq, Iran (all soccer coverage), Jordan, and Tunisia.

Personally, I take all news broadcasts (especially in my own country :-) with lots of skepticism (everyone pushes their own agenda), but still seeing this 'mosaic' helped me to get more of a feeling for the Middle East.

One warning: I suggest that you skip over the first 2 minutes of the broadcast - sad and bloody footage of a family killed on a Gaza beach.

Here is the Google Video blurb on this video:
The Peabody Award-winning Mosaic features selections from daily TV news programs produced by national broadcasters throughout the Middle East, translated when necessary into English. Link TV is an independent national network providing Americans a global perspective on world issues and cultures, now available in one out of four US homes.
PS. am I the only one who finds it strange that a show on Comedy Central tends to have some of the most unfiltered news style interviews?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives