I am actually enjoying writing a JFC application

I usually like to do server side Java but I must say that I am having a lot of fun writing a Java client application this week using JFC/Swing.

I am using both Netbeans 4.1 (for the UI designer capability) and IntelliJ for general coding. I could never get into IntelliJ's UI editor, so I use NetBeans to design plugable components (JPanels) in NetBeans and then copy the code over to my IntelliJ project. This sounds cumbersome, but it is really a fast operation. Also, in trying hard to keep the line count down, I like to do a lot of refactoring of common presentation components and very little of my time is actually spent using Netbeans 4.1.

BTW, the Netbeans UI designer keeps getting better and better, really a pleasure to use :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller