Cool: just wrote my first Google Wave "robot" JSON web service

It is a placeholder, for now, but it will eventually use my KBtextmaster code to perform natural language processing on new replies to a wave that has my robot added as a participant. By following these instructions it only took about 30 minutes to get this going (would have been 20 minutes, but I compiled the Java AppEngine web JSON web service with JDK 1.5 - a re-build with JDK 1.6, and everything worked as advertised).

I have been working on the Common Lisp version of KBtextmaster in the last week, and the Java version badly needs a code cleanup also (both versions contain some of my code going back over ten years). I'll post the public URL for my robot in a week or so when I get a new version of KBtextmaster plugged in.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives