True confession: programming in Javascript and loving it

Javascript is a flexible functional language similar to Common Lisp and Scheme, if not in syntax, at least in spirit. Bruce Tate wrote a good overview JavaScript's language features that is well worth reading.

I find HTML's DOM model to be unpleasant to work with, but Javascript the language is fun to use. I have been using the Dojo toolkit a lot lately and the authors of Dojo have done a fine job of building a platform that insulates programmers from the hassles of DOM and browser incompatibilities.

I am currently working on another AI book (using Ruby for the examples) but I would enjoy later writing a Javascript book from my own perspective (a developer who wants to use the same Javascript skill set when developing using Ruby on Rails, Java, Common Lisp, etc.).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives