"Standard" way to add RDF meta data to web sites

Adding RDF data to web sites has been a problem. In an all XHTML world, it might make sense to embed RDF. In a practical world, I think that it makes the most sense to have RDF files linked via a <head> section link like:

    <link rel="meta" type="application/rdf+xml" title="xx" href="zz.rdf" />


I was playing around with a newer version of the semantic web browsing tool Piggy Bank today, and noticed that Piggy Bank automaticly noticed my foaf.rdf file on my consulting web site. Nice.

Really, adding a few top level RDF files to explain what information is on web sites is not that tough - I need to practice what I preach and add them to my sites KBSportal.com, KBrecipes.com, and KnowledgeBooks.com sites.

Several years ago, I wrote a web spider that would slowly and politely traversed the web looking for RDF files. There were very few that I could find.

When I get some free time, I want to try using search by file type web searches and try RDF data collection again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives