NetBeans 4.1 beta: UI builder, etc.: wow!

I needed to build the framework for a Java client application this afternoon. Usually, I just code directly to the JFC API, but I decided to download the latest NetBeans and use the GUI builder instead. Glad I did!

The NetBeans 4.1 GUI builder is intuitive and easy to use. I like the new project views also. I usually use IntelliJ, but have been using Eclipse more recently because of useful plugins for C++/Ruby/Python development, semantic web, etc. Anyway, having three great Java IDEs (2 of them free!) is great :-)

If for nothing else besides the GUI builder, NetBeans is a great addition to my working environment. When version 4.1 is released (non Beta) I will try to get some time to 'kick the tires' of the web app support also.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives