I bought a Sony PSP today

I just played a full game of NAMCO's Ridge Racer a little while go - my adrenaline level is getting back to normal :-)

I love Sony stuff: my old (now broken) Vaio super-slim laptop, my 5 year old Sony camera, now the PSP: all great design and great toy-appeal.

My PSP came with the movie SpiderMan 2 - I will see how it is to watch a movie on the PSP tonight if I have the time. I have heard that Netflix is planning on also renting movies in the UDM format, so this might get interesting.

I have directions for streaming video from a PC to the PSP, but I am unlikely to have time to mess with that for a while.

I love racing games (really, the only kind of video game I play - I would rather watch paint dry than play sports video games - yuck!). I helped design and build a full motion platform racing car simulator about 9 years ago (force feedback on the steering wheel, great motion effects, SGI Reality Engine graphics). The PSP can not compete with a full on VR system, but it does compete by providing great game-play (assuming that games are well designed and implemented :-) I also helped write a networked PC Hovercraft game about 7 years ago - that was great fun, and I especially enjoy doing the "AI" for other vehicles in racing games.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives