Second edition of "Semantic Web for the Working Ontologist"

First thanks to Morgan Kaufman Publishers for sending me a copy of the second edition. Dean Allenmang and Jim Hendler did a great job of updating the examples and fixing a few small glitches from the first edition.

I have been extremely busy with work so I have only been able to spend about 90 minutes so-far with the second edition but I hope to give it a careful reading when I am on vacation in a few weeks.

This book is an excellent guide for anyone who wants to invest a fair amount of time to learn how to write semantic web enabled applications: a very comprehensive book.

I recently bought a eBook copy of Bob DuCharme's short book Learning SPARQL
Querying and Updating with SPARQL 1.1
that I would also like to recommend as a fairly easy introduction to using SPARQL repositories and generally using SPARQL in applications.

If two good new semantic web books were not enough, I have also had fun recently experimenting with Clark & Parsia's new Stardog RDF datastore that offers fast data loading, fast SPARQL queries, OWL 2 support, and built in search.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives