I finished reviewing a book proposal tonight for an AI text book

Based on the number of books I have written, it is obvious that I love writing. I also enjoy reviewing book proposals and serving as a tech editor, as long as I am fascinated by the subject matter! The proposal that I just reviewed for Elsevier was very interesting.

I believe that the world (some parts faster than others) is transitioning to a post industrial age where the effective use of information might start to approach the importance of raw labor, physical resources, and capital (and who knows how the world's money systems will transition).

When I was reading this book proposal and also in general books and material on the web, one litmus test I have for "being interesting" is how forward thinking technical material is, that is, how well will it help people both cope and take advantage of new world economic systems.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives