Big productivity gain: not having an Internet connection in the middle of the Pacific Ocean

Carol and I are on a long cruise, and because of the high cost of Internet connectivity, I am only getting on the web for about 5 minutes every other day.

I have been spending about 2 hours each day working on the Lisp edition of my Semantic Web book, and I must say that my productivity seems a lot better when I am not distracted with an Internet connection.

So far, we have been very good about not over eating on this trip - enjoying the food but eating small portions. Except for some complementary Champaign the first night we have avoided alcohol, making it easier to not over-eat!

We will be onboard for 25 days so we don't feel pressured to engage in all activities that might be fun. So far, we have been enjoying a series of onboard lectures, the movie theater, and lots of walking on deck.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives