Switching an AppEngine project from JRuby+Sinatra to Java+JSP

It is a bit of a pain to take several hours to convert a working codebase in one language/platform to another. I kept having small problems with JRuby and Sinatra that were just AppEngine specific (Ruby (or JRuby) and Sinatra are awesome).

I am only about 20% into development, and I decided that I wanted really solid tools/platform. Also, converting working code in one language to another is simple.

What convinced me to make the switch is that Java + Eclipse plugins support is just so good for AppEngine development, that for now the change seems like a good decision. For my next AppEngine project, I'll probably go back to JRuby + Sinatra since the support is getting better.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives