My Ubuntu/OS X MacBook

I continue to be happy with my decision to set up a "work only" Ubuntu Linux partition on my MacBook. I have been using Linux since I downloaded a mini-Slackware distro in 1992 over a 2400 baud modem. Desktop Linux has come a long way! I did a few things to make my working environment nicer:
  • Set the CAPS LOCK key to another control key
  • Installed Google Desktop and set the instant search popup hot keys to "Hyper space" (command space, same as popup search on OS X)
  • Set up IntelliJ/RubyMine/Eclipse for Ruby, Java, Scala, and App Engine development
I did not even install the developer tools on my new OS X partition. I am just using OS X for video editing, photos, and video conferencing with my family.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives