I am loving Amazon's new MP3 musc store

I am finding very low prices on some music when buying entire albums. A few caveats:
  • For Mac users: buy music using Safari and not Firefox or Camino
  • Downloading is a one shot deal: Amazon encourages you to immediately make an archival copy of purchased music
The album down loader is nicely integrated with iTunes - I hope that Apple does not try to break this convenient integration.

In addition to saving money, this is a huge time saver for me: when I buy music from the iTunes store I always make an archival copy by burning an audio CD, then using Tunes to rip to MP3s, then add the MP3s to my permanent backups - this was a time consuming process.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives