I took another look at Grails

Grails has a new release so I spent a little time with it last night and during lunch break today. The new release looks much improved over what I looked at last year, but really, Groovy is not as flexible as Ruby, and Grails lacks the quality of Rails at this point. That said, Grails is a technology that I am hopeful for, much like I hope that JRuby gets fast and well supported as a platform for running Ruby code on. When I write JSP+POJO+Hibernate web apps (my preferred light weight Java stack), I like to use custom tag libraries and Grails' nifty way of writing tag libraries looks very cool indeed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives