I retired yesterday: my list of things to do in retirement
What does an intelligent person do in retirement? That is a question of individual tastes but I will share my list of 20 things.
Yesterday was my last day working on a recommendation model at Babylist. Babylist is a great company to work for but I decided to retire in order to spend more time helping my wife who now has chronic health problems. When I write books, my wife enjoys editing my work so we will keep doing that. I also plan on being a gentleman computer scientist by working on open source deep learning applications and semantic web/linked data tools and applications.
I may end up not doing all of these things, but generally I plan on spending more time on current interests and starting some new hobbies:Retirement Activities
- Join an Internet Chess club **DONE**
- Get a fishing license
- Video Games
- Improve my cooking/recipe web site
- Release new editions for my 3 most popular eBooks
- Practice guitar, Native American Flute, and didgeridoo
- Eco-box vegetable garden
- Set up my model trains
- Play online Go. **DONE** online-go.com
- Learn to use the Ham radio (listen only, no license) that my son in law Josh gave me
- Wednesday and Saturday morning bird watching tours at Red Rock State Park
- Take more road trips with Carol and friends
- Using my new meat smoker
- Hiking with my friends
- Marksmanship: spend more time at the shooting range (I own a 22 caliber target pistol)
- Start taking flying lessons again
I may not do all of these activities but I found it useful to put some thought into what I want to now spend my time on.
Your blog rocks! I just wanted to say that your blog is awesome. It’s really helped me to chose ms in machine learning usa.ReplyDelete