Back living in Sedona Arizona and enjoying my retirement

My wife and I returned to our home in Sedona Arizona in June. I had been managing a deep learning team for Capital One in Champaign Illinois (in the research park at UIUC). I am now retired so we moved back into our house in the mountains in Central Arizona.

re: retirement: while I will might still do small interesting consulting jobs, I am retired. I am spending my time volunteering at a local food bank, hiking and kayaking with my friends, and I joined a local writers group to give myself a shove to finish a sci-fi book I have been working on for a long time.

I released a second edition to my Haskell book this week and I have edits for a new edition for my Common Lisp book that I will push to current readers soon, but I plan on no longer writing new technical books. I have written 22 technical books - probably sufficient :-)

Personally my passion is still studying artificial intelligence and deep learning but this is now research for my personal pleasure.

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives