I tried using Twitter Bootstrap this morning. Really nice way to support mobile devices.

I rewrote my markwatson.com website recently, tossing the 15 year old PHP implementation and replaced it with a little Clojure + Noir web app. This morning I spent a short while refactoring it to use the noir-bootstrap project on github. Along the way, I read through the Bootstrap scaffolding documentation. Really cool stuff.

One thing that I had to add was

<meta name="viewport"
      content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0">
to the head section of my Noir page layout template. Before I did this my web site did not identify the media type when I used an iPad and a Samsung Galaxy III S phone for testing.

I wrote earlier this year about using Noir and the Dojo Javascript library for my cooking/recipes web app. Dojo makes it easy to write mobile web apps but Bootstrap helps a non-expert Javascript developer like myself write something once and have it work across devices.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives