Citrusleaf: an interesting (non open source) NoSQL data store

I have been using Citrusleaf for a customer (SiteScout) task. Interesting technology. Maybe because I am excessively frugal, but I almost always favor open source tools (Ruby, Clojure, Java, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Emacs, Rails, GWT, etc., etc. that I base my businesses on). That said, I also rely on paid for software and services (IntelliJ, Rubymine, Heroku, AWS services, etc.) and it looks like Citrusleaf is a worthy tool because of its speed and scalability (which it gets from Paxos, using lots of memory, efficient multicast when possible for communication between nodes in a cluster, etc.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller