Scala 2.8 final released. I updated my latest book's Scala examples

Good news, Scala 2.8 has been released.

I updated the github repo for the code examples for my book Practical Semantic Web and Linked Data Applications. Java, Scala, Clojure, and JRuby Edition (links for free PDF download and print book purchase).

I haven't had the opportunity to do very much coding in Scala for several months because the company I have been working for (CompassLabs) is mostly a Clojure and Java shop. That said, Scala is a great language it is good to see the final release of 2.8 with the new collections library and other changes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller