I am watching the live Chrome OS Webcast

For end users, Chrome OS is a great idea - I would argue that most of my friends and relatives would be better off not running Windows, OS X, or (full) Linux.

What about software developers: still useful, but not a replacement for a laptop. In a pinch, assuming a terminal window to run remote bash shells, Emacs, etc., I could still get work done while travelling. Still, for me, a MacBook with Ubuntu and OS X with RubyMine, IntelliJ, Eclipse, OmniGraffle, etc. is just about perfect for my workflow.

That said, I will buy a Chrome OS netbook when they are available.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives