Merb and Rails merge

I have some mixed feelings about the integration of Merb and Rails because Merb is a small "micro kernel" type framework that seems just about perfect for projects like light weight web services and web portals.

On the good side of this merger: if Rails becomes more modular and the resulting Rails 3.0 can also be tailored down to 'just what is needed', then this merge should end up being good for developers.

I have just signed a publishing contract for a new Ruby book that has one part on publishing information for consumption by both humans and software agents. After waiting a few months, I will grab early Rails 3.0 builds and write to Rails 3.0. A bit funny because before my holiday break I was deciding whether to use Merb or Rails for this book example.

Comments

  1. hi Mark,

    do you have a planned Table of Contents for your Ruby book yet?

    thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jim,

    I am still making small changes to the TOC - with my publisher's permission I will post it in a month or so.

    Best regards,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives