Swi-Prolog and the Semantic Web

A long time ago, my first useful experiments with using RDF were based on (after trying other tools) using Swi-Prolog's semantic web libraries. Since then, I have also been using other tools (mostly Sesame, some Jena, and some Franz's commercial AllegroGraph product - which I am planning on writing a short 'applications' book on, BTW, after I finish my Java AI book).

I noticed (see linked PDF paper) this morning that the RDFizing and Interlinking the EuroStat Data Set Effort (riese) architecture (diagram) uses Swi-Prolog on the back end. Very cool. The riese web site itself is interesting: human readable web pages with embedded RDFa for semantic web software agents. (Make sure you view page source on your browser.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller