Franz Allegro Common Lisp 8.1 has been released

I just received the 8.1 update from Franz yesterday afternoon, and there are several nice changes/updates, including:
  • New versions of read-line that do much less consing
  • Improved jLinker Java bridge
  • Improvements to Common Graphics (I don't have a license for this so I could not try it)
  • AllegroGraph Free Lisp Edition: limited to 50 million RDF triples - I had asked for this and I think that it is a good idea to let people experiment for free with small Semantic Web applications. The full 64 bit version of AllegroGraph is designed for very large stores of relatively static data (almost everything in an AllegroGraph triple store is indexed by default for fast lookups, so inserts and modifications are more expensive computationally).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller