Education is a life long path

For both personal growth (and fun!) and to stay current as a consultant I find myself spending about 10 to 12 hours a week in general learning activities. I addition to good books, ACM Portal papers, etc., one of the most enjoyable sources of new and/or interesting ideas are the Google Video Lectures. If you have not already done so, install the Google video player; higher resolution viewing than in-browser viewing that makes it easier to read view-graphs and live demos. On OS X, the video player stores downloads in ~/Movies where I keep a text file of notes on what I found most useful/interesting in the videos, and approximate time locations.

Comments

  1. Hey, if you love watching educational video lectures you might want to check out my blog at:
    http://freescienceonline.blogspot.com

    I have tons of video lecture courses and single lectures from various univeristies like the well known mit's ocw, berkley's webcast, and many others not so well know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:07 PM

    Mark,

    I sometimes visit

    http://ocw.mit.edu/index.html

    This site contains several different courses. Sometimes I use it to refresh my memory, sometimes just to learn something completely different.

    - Sebastiaan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives