More on Internet video: Joost.com

A reader of my blog sent me a Joost invite (thanks Ugo!)

Joost is still in beta with a few rough edges, but generally I think that it is awesome! My wife Carol took one look at it and said "I want that!"

The Max OS X client takes over the desktop (if you want), and provides a nice viewing experience. My favorite feature is remembering (an optional setting) which program you were watching and restart the video feed right where you left off.

While I am a huge supporter of Open Content (I was the CreativeCommons.org commoner of the week several years ago for my free web books) I also like to see more commercial material available on demand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives