Joost: Internet TV done the right way

I have blogged about Joost a few times before, but the system now works even better than before: better looking video, very few pauses in video stream, and more interesting material.

One thing about Joost: the commercials are short and unobtrusive. I actually wish that they would include more commercials to ensure that as a company they stay in business. Good stuff!

I think that ABC also does Internet video very well (on my MacBook, they is a one time Java plugin installation). However, I like the more "Indy" style material on Joost. I also prefer Joost's technical approach of using a "rich client": not everything has to happen in a web browser. That said, I would hope that all major networks follow ABC's lead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives