I am appreciating JavaScript more

For years, I have been turning down occasional offers of work writing JavaScript because I did not like the technology (mostly because of browser compatibility issues) and did not want to spend the time to become an expert.

Well, browser compatibility issues still exist, but I am looking at great light-weight JavaScript applications (like GMail) and utilities (like xTree, and JSpell as used by blogger.com), and I am starting to appreciate JavaScript as a platform tool. For most of my work, I still really enjoy using server side Java, but I am keeping a more open mind to also using more JavaScript to cut down the communication requirements between browser and server.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives