New Google Web App Engine

This looks very good. You get access to Google's infrastructure: GFS, big table, email, etc. The IDE is cool: it only requires Python 2.5 to run.

I was too late to get one of the first 10,000 developer invites, but I am hopeful that before too long my turn will come :-)

The Google App Engine supports many Python web development frameworks like Django, CherryPy, Pylons, and web.py. I have only used CherryPy to any great extent, but Django has a good reputation, and I once worked through it's tutorial and it looked good (also, very good documentation). Google also supplies their own Python web application framework webapp.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller