I pushed a NLP demo to IBM's PaaS service BlueMix

The demo processes news stories to summarize them and map entities found in the text to DBPedia URIs. The Ruby code is similar in functionality to the open source Haskell NLP code on my github account.

Some background: I have been helping a customer integrate the IBM Watson AI platform into his system. I noticed on Hacker News this morning that IBM's PaaS service BlueMix will very soon offer a sandbox for IBM Watson services. I signed up for BlueMix to have an opportunity to get more experience using IBM Watson.

I just spent an hour putting together a quick NLP demo that uses my own entity detection code and the Ruby classification gem which supports pretty good summarization. Give it a try :-)

2014/09/29 update: I stopped this quick demo I put together - is is simple and was just to experiment with BlueMix. A better demo is my KBSPortal.com site.

BlueMix is built using Cloud Foundry so if you are already familiar with the Cloud Foundry command line tools then you will find the development cycle very familiar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller