Small example app using Ember.js and Node.js

I have been playing with Ember.js, and generally trying to get a little at better programming in Javascript, a language I have used for years, but for which I am still a novice. I wrote the other day about Small example app using Ember.js and Clojure + Compojure + Noir and I thought I would try replacing the simple Clojure REST backend with an equally simple Node.js backend. The results of this simple exercise are in the github repo emberjs-nodejs. I leave it to you to take a look if you are interested.

I will say that development with Javascript, Ember.js, and Node.js seems very light weight and agile, even though I use IntelliJ for editing and project management. Starting an app takes maybe a second. Compared to, for example, Java + GWT, or even Clojure + Compojure, I find Javascript, Ember.js, and Node.js to be really a light and fun combination. It would be even more fun if I were a better Javascript programmer :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller