More work on my NLP web service

I have done a short sprint the last three days on my NLP SaaS kbsportal.com mostly working on classification/tagging.

When I have time in the next month I also make some improvements in sentiment analysis and entity recognition. The text summarization code also needs work but it may be a while before I have more time to work on that.

I rewrote KBSportal in Clojure early this year. It used to be a pile of Common Lisp, Scheme, and Java code experiments written over a 10+ year period and it was great to pull just the parts I wanted into a new system. It might be heresy to Lisp programmers but I will (probably) eventually rewrite it again in plain old Java to save a bit on memory footprint and CPU time. Clojure is a very efficient language but not as efficient as Java.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives