Rewrote my main markwatson.com web site in Clojure + Noir

I have had the domain markwatson.com for almost 20 years and for about 15 years my site was a simple PHP application hosted on the awesome provider Hurricane Electric. There are a few things that I want to improve on my site so I decided to rewrite using Clojure and Noir, a combination that I have been mostly using for writing web apps in the last year or so.

I usually use AWS (and sometimes Heroku) for hosting my customer's web apps and the web apps for my side projects but for my primary domain (important for my business!) I decided to go back to using RimuHosting, a hosting provider I used to use for my own projects and I always liked their service.

Some of the new site is still HTML fragments from my old site implementation but I am in the process of converting everything to use hiccup and cleaning up the CSS.

Comments

  1. Anonymous2:45 PM

    Hi,

    thanks for all the interesting content on your blog.

    It seems that in the re-write links with trailing / are broken.

    e.g on the homepage, links in the 'menu' to books go to
    markwatson.com/books (which works),

    but in the body text the link to
    markwatson.com/book/ doesn't work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Neale,

    Thanks for the heads up on that!! I fixed that problem and will do more testing this weekend.

    Best regards,
    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller