Very good news that Google will be providing a "Wave in a Box" open source package

Early this year I played around with the open source code on the Wave protocol site, but "play" is the active word here: I did nothing practical with it.

Although I never used Wave's web UI very much, I did find writing Wave robots interesting and potentially very useful. I invested a fair amount of time in learning the technology. I was disappointed when Google recently announced their phasing out support of Wave but today's announcement that they are completing the open source project to the point of its being a complete system is very good news.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives