Interview with Dan Ingalls

I really enjoyed this interview mostly for the part about early Smalltalk work at Xerox, especially how the InterLisp-D and Smalltalk teams shared ideas. I got a Xerox 1108 Lisp Machine in 1982 and the Xerox sales rep also let me use their Smalltalk environment for a month (had to install over Lisp, try it out for a month, then reinstall Lisp - a small hassle but well worth it). The discusion of starting the Squeak project and his recent work on Lively Kernel is very interesting! I haven't played with Lively Kernel in a while but if you haven't experimented with Lively Kernel I recommend that you try it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller