Excellent: "Points of View" is a collection of previously unpublished essays written to celebrate Alan Kay's 70th birthday

The print books are sold out but there is a free PDF download available.

To bad for me: I have never met Alan Kay. I did get early access to Smalltalk when a Xerox representative gave me a trial version for my Xerox 1108 Lisp Machine in 1982. I also give a tip of the hat to Alan Kay and the many other Squeak developers every time I use Squeak (or more recently, Pharo).

I am not done reading through "Points of View" but so far it is inspirational (like Alan Kay!). Good job by Kimberly Rose and Ian Piumarta putting this together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ruby Sinatra web apps with background work threads

My Dad's work with Robert Oppenheimer and Edward Teller

Time and Attention Fragmentation in Our Digital Lives